To register for this pre-session visit http://fs17.formsite.com/ccssowebmaster/form9/index.html
This half-day pre-session to the 2013 National Conference on Student Assessment is especially designed for persons who are new to large-scale assessment programs at the state or local levels, in non-profit organizations, or for-profit assessment companies. However, even more experienced staff will benefit from the assessment refresher, plus discussion of emerging issues in large-scale assessment. The goal of the session is to provide advice and information to best navigate the difficulties of developing and implementing a large-scale assessment program that addresses educational needs at the state and local levels.
There are a number of topics that the instructors will cover. These include:
- Creating and implementing a balanced assessment system
- Overview of the common assessment consortia
- Constructing or revising a plan for state assessment, including transition issues, using the resources of the assessment consortia, and maintaining state-specific assessments
- Operational best practices, including selecting and working with contractors and consultants, program management, and interoperatability issues in online assessment
- Building the SEA capacity to manage the assessment system
- Working with the news media
- Politics of large-scale assessment
We also invite attendees to suggest additional topics or raise questions for us to address. Please send your ideas and suggestions to firstname.lastname@example.org prior to June 1, 2013.
Questions: Call or send questions to Ed Roeber at (517) 614-4877 (cell) or e-mail to email@example.com
To register: Visit http://fs17.formsite.com/ccssowebmaster/form9/index.html